Monday, September 28, 2009

Joshua's letter Sept 28


Joshua's letter Sept 28

I did receive a very nice letter from Brian. He told about a conversation he had with a teacher where little of the initial question was resolved but that the teachers sincerity of generosity and caring left an untellable mark on him. This true caring is the whole law of moses and the new law as well. True concern for another's well being and existence is the antithesis of sarcasm and shallow selfishness that is quite prevalent in the world and in myself. To purify our selves is the quest of life. Thank you Brian for the letter.

I had a miracle this week. Her name was Karla. She is a 23 year old women from Mexico. She has the Mexican black hair and Dandy's eyes. She is short and has the kind of sincerity that Brian talked about. She had received the missionary Discussions in Mexico but had never been baptized. She came to the US to be a nanny through some sort of program. Last week she found out that her parents would be separating. "No surprise" she said "but it doesn't ease the pain. My mom doesn't deserve this. I was really angry with my Dad but I can't judge him, my parents aren't perfect. I miss my family" She continued to explains that the day we knocked on the door was the day after she had found out. She knew that God was looking out for her. I knew that that was true. As Nephi knew, I do not know the meaning of all things nevertheless I do know that God loveth his children. I was sobered by the realization of who I represent. I hadn't wanted to track that street because I didn't think we would find anyone home. But we had planned it the night before and so we went ahead and did it. I do no know what would have happened if we hadn't. I wonder how many people we haven't been there fore that we could have. We are in the work of saving souls it is a sobering and serious task. It is the profession of our profession. Hurrah for Israel! She came to church on Sunday and we are meeting with her Tuesday.

There is a family in the ward that is struggling financially. They still have us over for dinner and are willing to do anything for us. I hate to ask them to do anything for us. All I can see is what it will cost them to help. I see the money each mile will cost and each "pork chop". But the ward is promised blessings as they help the missionaries. I am caught in a catch 22. Do I ask them for help and be another burden or ask for nothing and deny them the ability to help. I don't know what to do a lot but I do love this family. they are the Baks. I hope and know that God will bless them for their goodness. I understanda little bit more about the women that gave a penny to the temple and Christ says that she has given more then all the others for she has given all she hath. This is true of the Bak family. they serve with all they have. If they can they will help and will do all they can to help. They give their all, and there is nothing less ask of us all and may we all truly give our all every time we serve or pay tithing or fast offering or anything (not all our money but with our blessing, with out reservation--all we hath.)

To answer Dad's question about food. I eat spaghettia lot. Sometimes lasagna. It depends on the meal. Breakfast I normally have cereal. Lunch I have a sandwich or something else that sounds good at the time. Dinner is normally at a members house. It is often some noodle thing unless it is a wealthierfamily then it is anything from hamburgers to orange chicken. I haven't eaten anything crazy yet. Most of the members are originally from Idaho or Utah anyhow.

I can't remember the other questions, sorry I'll try and remember to bring the letter with me next time. I do really enjoy your letters. I also like hearing about your work and cases. Have you gone further with Vilo Pueblo yet?

WE ran into a guy who wanted us to find him some legal help. I wished you were there. He is a nice guy but from what I gathered he pulled over to the side of a road because he was having cat troubles. A teenager was looking for a book in his back seat while driving and rear ended him. I assume this man named Dave didn't want to accept any settlements and he didn't have very good representation and probably had some sort of temper or exaggerated something and so he lost credibility in front of the jury or judge and so lost on some technicality about he didn't have his emergency lights on (which he swears he did).That's my diagnosis. I feel bad for the guy. Both he and his wife have hospital bills and he is fighting trough a recent diagnosis of some kind of cancer. He had the police report and everything. I think he is a nice guy and feels he didn't receive justice and now cant get back on his feet. I pity him and wish I could help some how. But I assume he did receive justice maybe not Justice but I'll bet he brought it upon himself.
thats my court case for the week.
Well good bye family--god be with you tell we meet again.
Elder Sabey
ps how are things with Rachel and Pierce. and how is Tennis and Track going
pps I haven't heard anything about ali. We are trying to teach someone from Iraq but there is a very largelanguige barrier. (maybe we could fly him out... jk)

No comments: